Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our newly painted living room


". . . I had a nice tan color in mind, but May latched on to this sample called Caribbean Pink. She said it made her feel like dancing a Spanish flamenco. I thought, 'Well, this is the tackiest color I've ever seen, and we'll have half the town talking about us, but if it can lift May's heart like that, I guess she ought to live inside it.'"

". . .Some things don't matter that much. Like the color of a house. How big is that in the overall scheme of life? But lifting a person's heart -- now, that matters. The whole problem with people is. . . they know what matters, but they don't choose it. You know how hard that is?. . . I love May, but it was still so hard to choose Caribbean Pink. The hardest thing on earth is choosing what matters."
August Boatwright in The Secret Life of Bees
These colors lift my heart.

No comments: