Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tending to my Knitting

Here is one of my first knitting projects that is not just embarrassing. They are made with some of Mrs.  Ashby's yarn that Ethel kept rolling down the stairs. I decided she wanted me to do something with it. Too bad cats don't wear sweaters.
Little shoes! Aren't they cute? I don't know who they're for, or even who they fit, but I followed directions and made them. I had to cast on, knit, purl, do some ribbing, bind off, sew some seams, and make pom-poms. (Pom poms are pretty advanced.)

Thursday I'm going to start a class on knitting socks. Here is a baby sock I made just by following the directions in a book.
This was my first time using double pointed needles and it felt really awkward. It would probably be easier to start on something requiring larger needles than baby socks.
 Clearly there are problems (aside from the harsh color); most significantly the perfect hole on both sides of the ankle. There's something about that part of the instructions I didn't get. I've decided this will be my pre-instruction example and after the class I will try again with a baby sock and show you what I've learned.

No comments: